5 Reasons to Travel to Australia
Why You Need to Add Australia to Your Bucket List
From epic animal encounters to big events, Australia’s newest and most incredible experiences include walking alongside an indigenous guide and seeing the Great Barrier Reef like few others have. Here are five reasons why you need to add Australia to your travel list in 2019.
Say G’Day to the Wildlife
See kangaroos in the wild on Kangaroo island, the little penguins on parade on Phillip Island and wombats and platypus in Tasmania. Thanks to Chris Hemsworth’s recent visit to Perth and Rottnest Island, the hottest pic to get is a selfie with an adorable quokka.
Discover and Care for the Great Barrier Reef
Discover the world-famous reef more deeply on an expedition cruise or sailing around the Whitsunday Islands. Swim, dive and snorkel with a marine biologist who will educate you on the coral, sea turtles and colorful schools of fish.
Go for a Walk
Experience the world’s oldest living culture in the Outback or in the Daintree Rainforest. Get active on the newest coastal walk along Sydney’s shores and learn about the spiritual significance of its sparkling harbor.
Tee off Down Under
The city of Melbourne not only serves up great food, wine and colorful laneways, but is Australia’s sporting capital. Golf lovers can tee off on the golf courses of the Mornington Peninsula before relaxing in the nearby wine regions.
Wine + Design
Explore Perth – Australia’s ‘sunniest capital’ – as well as historic Fremantle just to the south. Continue on to the glorious beaches and vineyards of Margaret River and indulge in the region’s famous food and wine scene. See the giant karri trees and experience the Valley of the Giants tree-top walk before heading to the Cape Le Grand National Park where you’ll spot kangaroos frolicking on the white-sand beaches.
13-Day Australia Highlights
- Indulge in a unique dining experience on board Melbourne’s Colonial Tramcar Restaurant
- Discover Melbourne’s hidden laneways & arcades
- Savor a unique Aussie BBQ experience at Earth Sanctuary for a be my guest dining experience
- Toast an Uluru sunset with sparkling wine
- Experience a spectacular Red Centre sunrise
- Discover Aboriginal rock art & learn about sacred sites at Uluru
- Explore Kata Tjuta & hike through Walpa Gorge
- Interact with local Aboriginal artists and create your own dot painting masterpiece
- Cruise and snorkel on the Great Barrier Reef
- Dip your toes in the Pacific Ocean at famous Bondi Beach
- Experience the Sydney Opera House on a guided tour
Book by: Aug. 15, 2020
Travel by: Aug. 30, 2020
Save up to $550 per person on selected departures**
From $4,575 per person
10-Day South Western Escape
- Perth city sights
- Tour the Boddington Gold Mine
- ‘Surf’ Wave Rock in Hyden
- Experience life on an outback farm
- Discover WA’s famous wildflowers (seasonal)
- Orientation tour of Kalgoorlie
- Spectacular views at Cape Le Grand National Park
- See Thistle Cove and Lucky Bay
- Enjoy white sandy beaches near Esperance
- Walk above the Valley of the Giants
- Indulge in Margaret River food and wine
- Explore cosmopolitan Fremantle and tour its historic prison
Book by: October 1, 2020
Travel by: October 17, 2020
From $3,550 per person
8-Nights Australia’s Finest Wildlife & Wine
Explore Melbourne, Adelaide and Kangaroo Island
- 4 nights at Grand Hyatt Melbourne in a Grand guestroom with daily breakfast
- Café Culture Walk: Indulge in the amazing foodie scene and café culture of Melbourne, sampling tasty treats and heritage coffee palaces, uncovering quirky insider stories along the way
- Phillip Island VIP Experience: Travel through Churchill Island, the Koala Conservation Centre and then to Nobbies, learning history and watching wildlife. Then, enjoy a unique experience watching little penguins returning to their burrows from a Skybox with your own ranger
- Mornington Peninsula Excursion: Escape to the country, discovering everything from famous bathing boxes, national parks, and enchanted mazes to local treats and lunch at a winery
- Koalas & Kangaroos in the Wild: Great for all ages, view kangaroos and koalas in their natural habitat and stroll through the scenic bushland, plus experience an authentic bush lunch
- 3 nights at InterContinental Adelaide in a River view guestroom
- Inside Adelaide’s Market Culture: Get the inside scoop on the central markets from your expert guide, plus explore hidden tunnels, pop-up shows, savory food and a variety of wine outlets
- Best of Barossa Valley: Perfect for wine lovers, meet winemakers at various wineries including Schild Estate and Trevor Jones, relish a delicious lunch, then visit Angus Park and Tanunda
- 2 Day/1 Night Highlights of Kangaroo Island Fly Boutique Experience: Includes roundtrip flights from Adelaide and a small touring group experience via 4WD including an overnight stay at a boutique hotel and select meals. During your excursion, delight in a beach walk among Australia sea lions at Seal Bay, explore Flinders Chase National Park, marvel at the fur seals at Admiral’s Arch, discover South Australia’s first lighthouse at Cape du Couedic, wander among the Remarkable Rocks and much more
- Private airport/hotel transfers in Melbourne and Adelaide
From $3,891 per person
9-Nights Australian Islands, Culture & Wildlife
- 3 nights in Sydney at PARKROYAL Darling Harbour
- Blue Mountains & Australian Wildlife Tour
- Bondi Beach, Sydney Sights & Aboriginal Rocks Walking Tour
- 3 nights in Port Douglas at Pullman Port Douglas Sea Temple Resort & Spa
- Outer Barrier Reef Cruise
- 3 nights in Hamilton Island at Beach Club
- Breakfast daily
- VIP chauffer service around the island
- Complimentary airport transfers
- Whitsunday Islands and Whiteheaven Beach Cruise
Exclusive My Time Benefits at the PARKROYAL Darling Harbour:
1 welcome drink per person, complimentary Wi-Fi, “all-day Happy Hour” drink prices at bar, 10% savings on room service and mini bar, 1 bottle of Australian wine with room service order per stay.
Book by: June 30, 2019
Travel by: December 31, 2020
From $2,389* per person
Play Video to Discover Aboriginal Experiences
Contact our agency for your unforgettable Aussie escape today.
Travel 2: Pricing is in US dollars. Discount available on selected Guided Vacations and Inspiring Journeys. Discount applies only to the land content portion of the vacation. Can be combined with other discounts where applicable. The full amount must be paid by the designated date. Subject to availability and may be withdrawn at any time. Prices are land only, 'from' per person, based on double occupancy. International airfare is not included. Single supplements, black-out dates and seasonal supplements may apply. Prices may differ when you book your travel and are not guaranteed until full payment is received. All prices are in US dollars and correct at time of posting (27 November 2018). All prices, itineraries and routings are subject to change. Subject to availability, this offer may be withdrawn at any time. After full payment, prices are guaranteed except only due to an increase in government-imposed taxes or fees. By paying your deposit, you affirmatively agree to the possibility of such increases. Tour code: IMSE. CST#2001136-50.
Journese: Land price is per person, based on double occupancy for select travel through March 31, 2020. Rates quoted are accurate as of April 2, 2019; at the time you purchase your package, rates may be higher. Airfare, taxes, surcharges, gratuities, transfers and excursions are additional. Advertised rates do not include any applicable daily resort or facility fees payable directly to the hotel at check-out; such fee amounts will be advised at the time of booking. Rates, terms, conditions, availability, itinerary, government taxes, surcharges, deposit, payment, cancellation terms/conditions and policies subject to change without notice at any time. Other restrictions may apply, including, but not limited to baggage limitations and fees, standby policies and fees, non-refundable tickets and change fees with pre-flight notification deadlines, and blackout dates. Fees and policies vary among airlines. Contact airline directly for any details or questions. Not responsible for errors or omissions. Journese acts only as an agent for cruise and tour providers listed. CST# 1007939-10. Copyright©2019 Hawaii World, LLC. (dba JourneseSM). All Rights Reserved.
GOGO Vacations: Special promotions valid on new bookings only. Contact our agency for further details. Prices are per person, based on double occupancy accommodations. Land packages do not include meals unless otherwise indicated. Savings reflect land prices only and vary by resort and travel dates. Resort credits are not redeemable for cash. Availability is limited. Rates and/or package prices are subject to holiday blackouts, peak period surcharges, and cancellation charges may be applicable of up to the full price paid depending on the package and when it is cancelled. Government imposed hotel and resort taxes and fees may not be reflected in the advertised price and may be payable directly to the hotel and resort. Other restrictions may apply and vary by resort. My Time: All My Time offers are provided by our third-party suppliers to My Time customers and are subject to availability. My Time and any third-party supplier may (in their sole discretion) substitute any of the offers for any other offer that is available for similar or no face value. All offers have no cash value, are not combinable with any other offers and are not transferable. Any offers not used have no surrender value and are not redeemable for cash value. Valid for travel thru 12/31/20; must be booked by 6/30/19. Package priced 9/15-9/24/19. GOGO Worldwide Vacations does not assume responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content of the offers displayed.