Wellness and Adventure Travel Specialist
A little yoga on New Zealand's Routeburn Track
I have always been a traveler. From multi-gen cross-country camping trips as a kid, to being immersed in New Zealand culture for a year as an AFS student. From living and wandering around Europe, Micronesia, and the United States for numerous years as a military spouse, to encouraging my kids to seek their own adventures in Europe, Asia, Africa, Central and South America. I believe travel can change the way we view ourselves and the world.
I am also a wellness and adventure enthusiast. I run, cycle, lead a local hiking group and am an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher. I've completed 100-mile charity bike rides, several multi-day cycling trips and hiking excursions, and have created and led my own yoga retreats in Greece, Italy, and Sweden. In 2019, I was even the Wellness Host on a small-ship UnCruise Adventures Alaskan cruise!
For the past five years, I've been combining these two passions of travel and wellness, specializing in and designing wellness vacations, small group adventure tours and tailor-made journeys. In 2020, I further committed to the promise of travel for renewal and regeneration by completing the world's first Transformation Travel Design Program, with the goal of expanding and deepening traveler connection, meaning, and purpose.
With wellness and small group adventures being the fastest growing trends in travel, I am perfectly poised to help you plan your unique experience. This includes self-guided itineraries, small groups, private groups, center-based and point-to-point hiking and cycling trips, wildlife walks, summits, and polar excursions. Here are a few examples:
- Nourish your body and spirit at a wellness resort and spa in Costa Rica that is committed to sustainability and social consciousness.
- Preserve the environment and benefit local communities on a walking and wine holiday in one of the world's best yet largely undiscovered wine regions in Italy while not missing out on delicious local cuisine.
- Explore New Zealand predominately on foot, taking in the main highlights and many off-the-beaten-track attractions such as Jurassic-like rainforests, glaciers, volcanic peaks, and golden beaches.
- Make a lower carbon choice by exploring the world on two wheels, from gentle cycling tours in the Loire region of France to a fully supported expedition in Morocco's High Atlas Mountains. Or maybe pedaling the length of Vietnam while exploring its unique culture and cuisine.
- Focus on protecting and nurturing wildlife and biodiversity aboard a small ship voyage, accompanied by National Geographic explorers, award-winning photographers, marine biologists, naturalists, archaeologists, and ornithologists in locations like Alaska, Hawaiian Islands, Pacific Northwest, Galapagos, Mexico's Sea of Cortez, Belize and Guatemala, Egypt, the Chilean Fjords, the Maldives, and Papua New Guinea.
- Travel responsibly and in comfort while witnessing Antarctic wildlife such as penguins, seals, and whales, or exploring the Arctic wilderness of Canada, Greenland, Iceland or even Russia!
For solo travelers, friends, families, groups, culture and wildlife enthusiasts, active and not-so-active travelers! What kind of traveler do you want to be? Where do you want to go? When will you make those discoveries you've been dreaming about? How do you want to travel in the world?
My Areas of Expertise
Family Trip to Remember - The BEST!
I am so happy that you were able to experience this special time together as a family and to know that the trip exceeded your expectations. It was a pleasure to help you plan this vacation and I look forward to hearing where you want to go next! Thank you!
Five Melanie trips in 5 years
Thank you so much Susan! I loved helping you create your memorable family trips and had so much fun traveling with you on the yoga retreats in Greece and Italy. And now we're working on trip #5 for you and some of your friends - thank you!
Thank you for the review! Umbria is truly a special place in Italy. I look forward to helping you plan your next trip!
Best way to see The Prosecco Region of Italy!
Thank you for the review! It was my pleasure working with you, and then getting to see all of your wonderful photos and videos from the trip. Thank you!
Flexible and knowledgeable:)
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's been my pleasure to work with you on several itineraries and I look forward to being of service again soon!
That was a super fun trip - lots of laughs and amazing experiences! Thank you for the review!
Yoga and Italian food -- what could be better?!
Thank you so much for this wonderful review! I hope to have the pleasure of planning another trip for you soon!
Alaska on UnCruise Adventures was amazing! Getting to share that experience with you two made the trip extraordinary! Can't wait to plan some more trips for you! Thank you!
Met Every Expectation!
Melanie is a world traveler, detail oriented and makes traveling stress free. My husband and I had just landed in Stockholm at the beginning of the pandemic. No sooner had we landed when we discovered that our return tickets were canceled. Of course there was initial panic but Melanie, using her extensive travel knowledge, guided us through the process of finding return tickets when many countries were shutting down incoming travel. We will be using Melanie for future travel in much less stressful times.
Thank you for the review! It was indeed a stressful time at the beginning of the pandemic and I am happy I was able to help reduce that foreboding and get you home safely - and that you got to see the Northern Lights too!
Amazing trips with attention to every detail
I am so happy to know that the Yoga Retreats were amazing experiences for you. Thank you!
Hard to chose but anywhere where there's water.
Thank you for letting me know I'm TKO! I'm looking forward to helping you plan your next trip near the water!