Custom Tour Specialist
I have loved every minute of my more the 30 years as a travel consultant, and focus on leisure travel planning and customized tour arrangements for individuals, couples, families, and groups. Some of my highlights include:
- As a tour designer/coordinator for Jewish History Travels, I have traveled with many groups over the last ten years to Italy, Spain, Morocco, Berlin, and the Czech Republic, exploring the corners of Jewish civilizations. I can help design Jewish tours for individuals and groups to places all over the world.
- As an avid skier, I've skied downhill and cross-country in the western and eastern U.S. And I've also hiked and traveled in national parks across the U.S. and Canada, and enjoyed the art, culture, and beautiful sights in most major cities.
- Having traveled extensively throughout Europe, my favorite destinations include Italy, France, England, Scotland, and Ireland. Brugge and Prague are two of the most charming European cities I know.
- My travels in China and Israel have given me insight into ancient civilizations. Traveling off the beaten path in these countries took me to areas like the Stone Forest in China near the Vietnam border, and the Hula Nature Reserve in Israel where I observed flocks of storks and other birds migrating through the Middle East.
- One of my many interesting projects was arranging several Africa tours for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, including arrangements for Jimmy and Rosalyn Carter, Mr and Mrs. William Gates, Sr, the foundation staff, security and Secret Service personnel, and broadcast and print media people.
My passion is working with clients to develop personalized itineraries that become unforgettable, rewarding travel experiences.
Testimonial from a loyal customer
I wanted to give you some feedback on our recent Tauck river cruise. As I am sure you remember, I was not interested in another river cruise since our first experience (on another cruise line) was not what I hoped for. We have worked with you to plan several long independent-travel vacations, which were all fantastic. So, I decided to trust your judgment – although I was skeptical. Much to my delight, I was wrong and you were right! We thoroughly enjoyed the cruise in every respect. Placing a group tour activity in the middle of our independent travel was perfect planning..... Thanks for getting us on board Tauck; we loved it and will be back.
- Cynthia and Gary
My Areas of Expertise
The best travel agent ever!
The best travel agent !
Carla is always has full knowledge of what she is booking in flights,hotels & sights.
She is very much in tune to the needs of the customer & tries to get the best pricing too.
It is a pleasure to work with someone who cares & always is available to talk to you or email you,
All of my trips with Carla have been exceptional in all regards !
I will continue to use Carla & look forward to my next trip !
The most informative trip of our lives!
several excellent trips
Talk to Carla First
Carla knows the importance of being in a top rated hotel, in the center of a city with access to sights, restaurants and transportation.
I have been on many trips planned by Carla and will continue to do so in the future. She always has my best interests at heart and plans accordingly.
Thank You, Carla!!
Carla Koller, Our Travel Guru
Simply put, if there were a Hall of Fame for travel agents, Carla Koller would be a unanimous inductee. She has a unique ability to grasp the trips we envision and to transform our conceptions into reality. Her knowledge of transportation, lodging, and fares is encyclopedic, but her imagination and insight -- born of her clear love of travel -- never fails to enrich our experiences in most creative and exciting ways. Carla not only excels in follow-through (enacting our preferred choices), but in follow-up (keeping us fully informed as things fall into place). In the past year alone, she has assisted our travels to Scotland, England, France, and Albania. All were immense successes. Ireland is now in train and we know it will be, too. She is a pleasure to work with. So let's be perfectly clear: we no longer consider going anywhere without the aid and advice of the incomparable Carla Koller.
Maryruth Coleman and John Withers
Top-Notch Travel Agent
Memorable trip of a lifetime
We immediately thought of Carla Koller because we had friends who had experienced her guided tours overseas and they had related her many personal trips as well.
We had very specific "wants" and she listened carefully, asked knowing questions, considered our ages and budget, and then put together an amazing 21 day trip. She saved us money on our flights by researching multiple options and booked us in the most fantastic hotel in San Francisco for an extremely reasonable price.
Carla is knowledgable, efficient, considerate, and reliable. We felt like we were her only clients. Highly recommend her to plan your trips both national and international. Thank you Carla.