Santa Rosa, California Travel Agent
Grand Voyage Specialist & Concierge Host
The Amsterdam - our winter home for 4 years
I am fortunate enough to have the time and the means to be at sea for half of each year. I have taken 27 cruises in my life and hosted 17 of them, adding up to a total of 765 hosting days at sea. This hear, I will be hosting a family group to Alaska and Iceland, Greenland and Scotland on HAL's Prinsendam.
My first career was in computers and communications, technical, sales and management. Long before I became a travel agent, my husband and I were leading groups to the places we had lived and loved, including Montreal, Hong Kong, and the California Wine Country where we still make our home.
We have always traveled extensively and have been known to rent a barge in France, a castle on the Loire, a casa in Puerto Escondido, and villas in Tuscany and on the French Riviera. We've even done some of these things more than once! In 2018, it will be a barge and a Castle in Ireland. We have a well-known Napa chef/restaurant owner, who will be doing his third round with us.
If you are considering a world cruise and want the advice of someone with world experience, I'm the right advisor for you—wildly valuable if you sail with me.
are worried I might be traveling when you need me, I keep a world phone with me and am very effective on email. I also keep someone on land to make additional arrangements, for both traveling clients and those who want to book right this minute.
Travel Leaders Network, formerly Vacation.com, gives me the long hauls because they are the most challenging. They know they can trust me, because I get rave reviews like these:
- “Helen's dynamism, organizational skills, and caring personality are a potent combination.”
- “She is an excellent, attractive person, always ready to help in an emergency or to provide a listening ear as needed. I was delighted when I found out she would be on another cruise with me.”
- “Helen was the most amazing host.”
- “Helen went out of her way to obtain information for us, and it felt good to have her contact information and know she’d be there for us, if needed, as she was for fellow passengers with medical emergencies on more than one occasion.”
- “She’s exceptional, a great Distinctive Voyages representative. We could not have had anyone better."
- “She knows the DV passengers and actively supports them. Her high energy and strong interpersonal skills make her the ideal DV concierge."
- “This was a totally new experience and my first time out alone. Without Helen’s support, it would not have been the great experience that it was.”
- “Helen arranged many extra events, on board and off, which were very enjoyable. The best concierge host ever!”
- “She created a family-like atmosphere and her warmth and knowledge helped us to enjoy the voyage very much.”
- “I’ve been with Helen before and she is the best. She’s always welcoming, willing, friendly and ready to have fun!”
- “She made our world cruise the best cruise we have had to date. Hope to cruise with her again.”