St Lucia Travel Specialist
The Royal Clipper Sailing in St. Lucian Waters
There are many great reasons to visit St. Lucia.
1) For The Most Stunning Scenery St Lucia is one of the windward islands. The twin peaks of the Pitons are on the south is the island’s most stunning landmark.. The highest peak is Mt Gimie in the central part of the island. Much of the interior of the island is covered in dense rain forest. Roads that twist through hairpin turns go up and down through the center of the rain forest.
2) A Volcanologist Dream St Lucia has started to capitalize on its volcanic past. You can visit Sulphur Springs on a road that runs right up to and through the crater of the dormant volcano. It is the only drive in volcano in the world! Steam and bubbling water are still being emitted. The air is heavy with the smell of sulfur. Hot springs enthusiasts will enjoy the hot springs and mud baths. These bathing pools are said to have therapeutic qualities.
3) To Enjoy The Beaches And Water Sports St Lucia has many beaches to choose from. In St Lucia beaches are all open to the public, even if they are connected to a beach resort. There are beaches on all sides of the islands. Most of the resorts with their long stretches of sand are on the leeward (west) side of the island. There are even black volcanic sand beaches to enjoy.
4) Plenty of Places to Dive or Snorkel There are a lot of dive sites on St Lucia to choose from. The clear warm waters, colorful coral, deep walls and wrecks too. Everything a scuba diver wants including dive sites near the Pitons.
5) Chocolate is Part of the Local Flora So we couldn’t miss the chance to visit the Hotel Chocolat in St Lucia. You may try chocolate drink and chocolate lunch. All with the most amazing views. From there we started a tour to learn about cacao production. We saw the cacao pods being nurtured from seeds, then ripe on the tree and finally as the pods were processed to cacao nibs.
6) For A Great Pampering Experience There are a large number of luxury resorts on St Lucia. Sandals Resorts are world renown. There are three Sandals Resorts in St Lucia. Sandals jingle says “ stay at one resort and play at all three.” The resorts are built for relaxation in mind. Hammocks and cabanas offer refuge from the sun. Massages for couples can be had at the beach. Room service or dinner on the beach is a romantic thing to do. Throw in some champagne and the meal is complete with stunning seaside views.
If you want to try another luxury resort, there are many to be found. We work with a luxury tour operator. We can generate quotes quickly for many fine resorts. If our primary supplier does not carry the resort we can book it but make no warranties. A low budget does not get an over the top property many of our clients have come to expect.
Stunning natural beauty, volcanoes, beaches, underwater sights, chocolate and pampering are all available. Do you really need any more reasons to visit St Lucia?
My Areas of Expertise
An Amazing Eclipse Experience
All places stated were visited, nothing was any trouble for the organisers and we enjoyed a fabulous coach drive throughout the tour with detailed and friendly commentary highlighting landmarks and other important points of scenic interest.
We Started from Salt lake City, traveled into Utah, and Wyoming against the backdrop of the Grand Tetons, onward into Yellowstone National Park. I had the pleasure of lecturing to and guiding a fantastic group of passengers throughout the eclipse experience. I'll always remember the camaraderie we shared.
I’ve traveled extensively with many tour companies but never felt more comfortable or confident as I have with Dan and Shirley’s company, Tropical Sails. R
A country wide tour to remember.
Thank you for you kind words.
The best trip of my life
Thank you for your kind wordsl
Total Eclipse Cruis: Turkey
Special trip with special care
Thank you for your kind words. We found a faster way to take oversears payments by using VEEM. It is faster than banks and much less expensive than credit cards or Pay Pay. An Irish client used NicePay and that was fast and efficient.
All Three Times Were A Charm!
Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could have been with you on the first two trips. As you know we had multiple groups for each tour.
An Amazing Tour Experience
Thanks Dave, I think you may have left a note earlier. Ok not to approve.
Eclipse Tour Chile at the Vira Vira 2020
A very memorable trip
Thanks T. We have matched several men and women over the years to save them both money. I hope you enjoyed my talk in Idaho Falls.
Dan the man
Thank you for the kind words.
Encouraging, knowledgeable, but not pushy
July 2, 2019 Total Eclipse
Great tour – hope to book again!
Some little thing (but that's outside the reach of Tropical Sails and the subcontractors): while the accomodations were ok and nothing to complain about – in terms of value for money –, it's amazing how little space some hotels avail to the guest, not for the persons, but for the things these persons want to unpack....
All together: great! We'll recommend Tropical Sails to many!
Thank you for your kind words.
Excellent Vacation by Dan
sailing on ther Mandalay
Thank you M. I was my pleasure to help with your sailing adventure.
Fun Tour of Turkey
The trip in several ways was one on my favorites. The tour guide and driver were so kind, timely, and professional… more than I was expecting. The quality of the hotels and the food were once again more than I was expecting. A couple times I had a balcony facing the Ocean. The itinerary was just as advertised. It seems the people are working to get return customers and good reviews. I am not used to getting more than I expected.
I really think Daniel’s company is doing the research to find the best deals. I found that Daniel is an honest person. I plan to check with Daniel again to ask him what good deals he has co
Charles, I am pleased that the tour went well. Thank you for your kind words.
First total solar eclipse
Gre experience with Dan and Tropical Sails Corp
We were on the Sultan, which was (is?) a wonderful gulet (yacht) with an expert crew (the cook was fantastic!). The location on azure seas, great food & drink, fun and enlightening shore excursions, and Dan (Tropical Sails) ensured we all enjoyed our entire trip. The itinerary was well thought out, and somewhat flexible... We didn't go on one shore excursion but stayed on the yacht and swam in the indescribably turquoise blue Mediterranean... During the walking tour of Ephesus I walked off to explore several alleyways on my own... Fantastic!
For the eclipse we sailed to the center line and had perfectly clear view!
I fully credit Dan (Tropical Sails Corp) for setting up the cruise and trip. It is one of the most unforgettably wonderful experiences of my life
Thank you John. See you August?