Surprise, Arizona Travel Agent
Adventure Tour and Cruise Expert
I am fascinated by the unique, the unusual and the adventure of travel. It's the reason I organize trips around the world that are designed to delight all your senses!
One of my first excursions was trip to the Baja Peninsula for 85 people in an RV caravan to view the total solar eclipse from the warm embrace of La Paz, Mexico.
What started as a unique request for one customer has turned in to an adventure that has now been enjoyed by close to a thousand clients.
I have a creative and detailed approach to designing trips. Examples include:
- Chartering a Windjammer Barefoot tall ship for the solar eclipse off Guadeloupe. Chartered ships included the Fantome, the Polynesia, the Legacy, the Mandalay and the new Star Clipper ship. This led to expanding our offerings to cruise ships! While we do enjoy the solar eclipse trips, they certainly aren't the only adventures we design for our clients!
- A two week Turkey tour for 33 people sailing in private yachts past the Ephesus, the Dardanelles and Bosporus into the Black Sea.
- A church group sailing the Route of St Paul, Ephesus to Fethiye, Turkey combines with Seven Churches and Cappadocia tours
- Five Country African Safari covering 3000 miles through South Eastern Africa on safaris and riding in dugout canoes.
- Silk Road Adventure in China- From the Great Wall to the Xian City wall and Terracotta warriors we traveled by air, plane, and bus the great Silk Road of China. History came alive as we ride bicycles around the Xian city wall and camels in desert. We also zip-lined down the mountain from White Pagoda Hill.
- China Tour and Yangtze Cruise. The Great Wall to mahjong by the Temple of Heaven, our group visited all the sites in Beijing. In Xian we saw the Terracotta warriors, on to the Yangtze for three relaxing nights with great floor shows each night. In Shanghai we literally played atop the Oriental TV Tower. Onto the gardens of Suzhou and Hangzhou we toured.
- Yunnan and the Upper Mekong- Shanghai to the Flying Tiger land of Kunming we ascended to Shangrila along the Tea and Horse Trail to Dali, Lijiang, to the monastery in the sky. In Xishuangbanna we took a sky ride to find elephants. We cruise the upper Mekong between Laos, Thailand and China we relax in the upper reaches of Thailand.
- Australia and the Great Barrier Reef My group cruised the Gold Coast of Australia visiting ports along the way. Koalas, trains, river and reef trips all for a great time down under.
- Star Clippers Costa Rica & Nicaragua- I took a group on a tall ship sailing cruise from Puertoarenas CR to San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua visiting Coco Beach, rivers, Isla Tortuga, volcanoes- all in the elegance of a tall ship cruise.
- Press Trips- I have organized press trips for the LA Times, Islands Magazine, London Daily Mail, ANA Inflight Magazine, Huffington Post, Istanbul Star among others.
- USA Solar Eclipses have always been a specialty for us. We have booked lodges in Wyoming and Idaho exclusively for our clients.
- Chile I recently spent 13 days in Chile touring luxury boutique properties and securing space for our Chile solar eclipse tours July 2019 and December 2020.
In the last 27 years, I have been in 52 countries, guiding groups through exotic locations and providing them with tools to fully experience the local culture whether that means the Chinese Opera, camel rides, zip-lining or hiking off the beaten path like the exotic Silk Road, Yunnan, China and cruising on the seldom seen upper Mekong River.
If you are interested in journeys for large or small groups or for individuals, my agency will provide you with extraordinary flexibility. We have expertise in China and Turkey. We have contacts in many other destinations. I have been providing clients with tall ship cruises for almost two decades. I have been offeriing European River Cruises and unique tours to my clients.
I am open to combine and adjust travel itineraries that best works for you. I have many tours though various suppliers to meet your needs. Tropical Sails Corp is committed to offering impeccable service.
We do everything to create a special and unique experience for you, no matter what you dream up we can make it happen!
Tours of Distinction
Daniel near Pucon Volcano Chile
Value is the buzz word in travel today. Tropical Sails Corp works with and vets suppliers seeking value for its clients. As a travel professional, we aim of offer tours and cruises that have many inclusions. Today river cruising is taking service to new levels by including many items in your cruise. We offer European and other exotic river cruises. We continue to be specialist in China and Turkey, including yacht charters in Turkey. We offer all inclusive resort packages in Mexico, Caribbean, & Central America. Europe, & Caribbean tall ship cruises and cruises.
All Three Times Were A Charm!
Thank you for your kind words. I wish I could have been with you on the first two trips. As you know we had multiple groups for each tour.
A very memorable trip
Thanks T. We have matched several men and women over the years to save them both money. I hope you enjoyed my talk in Idaho Falls.
An Amazing Tour Experience
Thanks Dave, I think you may have left a note earlier. Ok not to approve.
Total Eclipse Cruis: Turkey
Dan the man
First total solar eclipse
An Amazing Eclipse Experience
All places stated were visited, nothing was any trouble for the organisers and we enjoyed a fabulous coach drive throughout the tour with detailed and friendly commentary highlighting landmarks and other important points of scenic interest.
We Started from Salt lake City, traveled into Utah, and Wyoming against the backdrop of the Grand Tetons, onward into Yellowstone National Park. I had the pleasure of lecturing to and guiding a fantastic group of passengers throughout the eclipse experience. I'll always remember the camaraderie we shared.
I’ve traveled extensively with many tour companies but never felt more comfortable or confident as I have with Dan and Shirley’s company, Tropical Sails. R
Great tour – hope to book again!
Some little thing (but that's outside the reach of Tropical Sails and the subcontractors): while the accomodations were ok and nothing to complain about – in terms of value for money –, it's amazing how little space some hotels avail to the guest, not for the persons, but for the things these persons want to unpack....
All together: great! We'll recommend Tropical Sails to many!
Thank you for your kind words.
Excellent Vacation by Dan
Encouraging, knowledgeable, but not pushy
Gre experience with Dan and Tropical Sails Corp
We were on the Sultan, which was (is?) a wonderful gulet (yacht) with an expert crew (the cook was fantastic!). The location on azure seas, great food & drink, fun and enlightening shore excursions, and Dan (Tropical Sails) ensured we all enjoyed our entire trip. The itinerary was well thought out, and somewhat flexible... We didn't go on one shore excursion but stayed on the yacht and swam in the indescribably turquoise blue Mediterranean... During the walking tour of Ephesus I walked off to explore several alleyways on my own... Fantastic!
For the eclipse we sailed to the center line and had perfectly clear view!
I fully credit Dan (Tropical Sails Corp) for setting up the cruise and trip. It is one of the most unforgettably wonderful experiences of my life
Thank you John. See you August?
Fun Tour of Turkey
The trip in several ways was one on my favorites. The tour guide and driver were so kind, timely, and professional… more than I was expecting. The quality of the hotels and the food were once again more than I was expecting. A couple times I had a balcony facing the Ocean. The itinerary was just as advertised. It seems the people are working to get return customers and good reviews. I am not used to getting more than I expected.
I really think Daniel’s company is doing the research to find the best deals. I found that Daniel is an honest person. I plan to check with Daniel again to ask him what good deals he has co
Charles, I am pleased that the tour went well. Thank you for your kind words.