Lori (Schams) King
La Crosse, Wisconsin Travel Agent
Dream Vacation Specialist
I’d rather have a passport full of stamps than a house full of stuff! Here’s why ...
1. “An investment in travel is an investment in yourself.” My recent travel to the Canadian Rockies on the Rocky Mountaineer (Railroad) was truly inspiring and I brought back personal memories of those majestic mountains. I am so lucky to have seen this beautiful part of the world and experienced, first-hand how travel has enriched my life. Hiking the Canadian Rockies, the Grand Canyon in Arizona and Waimea Canyon on the island of Kauai are other adventures that rejuvenate the spirit.
2. “Take Vacations. Go as many places as you can. You can always make money. You can’t always make memories.” The best memories from my travels are from traveling with my children on Disney Cruise Line (twice), Walt Disney World in Florida (multiple times) Alaska, Hawaii, Cancun (multiple times), the Dominican Republic, Las Vegas, California and many more. We "dominated" the Rockin’ Roller Coaster at Disney, gave many hugs to Mickey, Minnie, Woody and Buzz Light Year. We hiked Diamond Head, snorkeled with turtles, went whale-watching in Alaska, as well as white-water rafting and golfing, climbed the pyramid at Chichen Itza, saw the Blue Man Group and Mystere in Las Vegas, built sand castles in the Dominican Republic and so much more. What a great learning experience for my kids, with fond memories we’ll share for our lifetime.
3. “We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.” Traveling to warm, tropical destinations is a must to put your stress to the side and enjoy time with your loved ones and do things that you don’t have time to do at home; play tennis, get a massage, swim in the beautiful blue waters, read a book, enjoy your favorite wine or cocktails at the swim-up bar or on the beach, lay in a hammock between swaying palm trees. My number one spot for this is Tahiti ... the ultimate romantic getaway; its blue water and white sand are stunning. The Caribbean and Mexico are filled with beautiful beaches, good food and nice people.
Traveling to all-inclusive resorts is what I sell the most of in Mexico and the Caribbean and I have been to many of these. I recently visited all of the Sandals and Beaches Resorts in Jamaica and I am also a Certified Sandals Specialist. Punta Cana in the Dominical Republic has some breathtaking white sand beaches. I love Cabo San Lucas with the desert, mountains and the beautiful Sea of Cortez; Puerto Vallarta, with its colonial Mexican flair; and the Cancun/Riviera Maya area, with its stunning beaches, great snorkeling and the historical Mayan Ruins.
4. “A ship built in the harbor is safe, but that’s not why ships are built.” Cruising is a wonderful way to visit many places without having to pack or unpack. I have sailed around Hawaii, Mexico and the Caribbean, the Panama Canal, the Mediterranean and my favorite, a European River Cruise on the Danube with Avalon Waterways. Cruising the rivers of Europe is truly a unique experience, since the ships carry only 120-150 guests and visit quaint towns along the way. There are no long lines to get on and off the ship and almost all sightseeing is included. My itinerary started in Budapest, and we visited Vienna, Durnstein, Melk, Regensburg and Nuremburg. I’ve also experienced an Ocean Cruise in the Mediterranean which was so exciting as I got to see some very old cities and islands. We sailed from Venice and visited Dubrovnik (Croatia), Ephesus (Turkey), Corfu (Greece) and my favorite – Santorini, (Greece).
5. “Travel brings power and love back to your life.” Planning Honeymoons or planning weddings in the destination of your dream is something I really enjoy doing for couples. There are lots of places to choose from and I will put the pieces together so you can forget about the stress of planning.
“It’s good to have an end to a journey, but it is the journey that matters in the end." I would love to help you plan your journey from beginning to end because my love and enthusiasm for travel will mean a successful travel experience for you.