Carolyn Sandgren (Kempf)
Cape Girardeau, Missouri Travel Agent
You Can't Google Experience
I started in service industry and a high work ethic at the age of 12. The daughter of a Pastor the life lesson was instilled my work ethic is a direct reflection of my character and belief system. I received a degree in Hospitality and Tourism and began my career in the Hotel industry working for Hilton Hotels in Portland Oregon, The Adolphus Hotel in Dallas Texas while getting a second degree in Theology from Christ for the Nations. After graduating from CFNI.org I moved to Hawaii where I expanded my skill set to include management in the hospitality and tourism field. I always had the travel bug so my career as a consultant with a Hawaiian Wholesale company who trained retail travel agents in selling Hawaiian products was the perfect fit. Life took me to the Midwest where I found a real void in travel consulting companies, thus Elite Travel Inc. was born in 1992.
But this is not really about me it is about you and what you want and need. My goal is to select guests who appreciate my over 40 years of travel experience and want a long term friendship and relationship and someone who will guide them with expert advice.
I know there is a real trend in consulting to charge fees, but I still like the traditional way of doing consulting free for the consumer and allow the reputable vendors compensate our agency for the time and recommendation. I invest 70+ hours a week servicing my travel friends because I love what I do. Along with my team of 12 staff members to ensure everything is flawless. And I love being there with you every step of the way.
AWARDS: I have won almost every award there is in the travel industry. It is nice to be recognized my your peers and clients. But non of these matter if at the end of the day the people I plan vacations for have not had a unique and special memory from the trip I recommended. But if you want to know the awards I have won I'll list a few: Top 25 travel agent in the Nation, Peoples Choice awards 13 years, Delta Airlines Diamond, AP Leisure Group Gold, Mark TVL Gold, Silver and Bronze. Top 50 selected Jamaican Specialist and honestly top awards from most major travel vendors in the industry. However, I am most proud of the A+ Better Business Bureau rating and receiving the BBB Torch award as President/Travel Expert of Elite Travel Inc www.elite-trips.com
Life is short I want to spend each day planning trips for people who enjoy my style of consulting which includes a honest recommendation of what fits what they are looking for and a mutual respect of returning phone calls, and honest feed back of likes and dislikes and discussion about fair and honest pricing and value.
I try and always explain the difference between value and price. I feel great about my track record with a 99% customer satisfaction..
So there it is. Am I the right fit for you? I don't know but I would love to meet you and chat about what is important to you in vacation planning and if my style does not fit- I have some great team mates each with their own distinct personalities who may be the perfect match.
- Hobbies: Travel - duh! I work really hard but also travel to stay current
- Wine and Foodie (yes I like to take pictures of my food and post it)
- Theater (I'm an addict from Kinky Boots to Phantom to Avenue Q)
- Watching House Hunters international and Travel Channel
- Avid pet lover from fish, hermit crabs and dogs and cats I adopt for life
- Art Galleries with a love for wine without all the drama
- Photography I'm wicked good with an I phone
- History especially if it ties into a faith based story
- Collecting cheap art and trinkets from my travel abroad
- Jamaica- Probably 70+ times
- Mexico Various Destinations - Most tourist cities 100+times
- Cancun, Alcapulco,Xtapa,Hutulco,Cabo San Lucas, Sea of Cortez, Cozumel, Mayan Riviera,
- Hawaii - Lived there - additional Visits 15+ times
- Costa Rica 3 times
- Ireland 2 times
- Scotland 1 time -Certification program
- Las Vegas 30+ times
- New York 20+ times
- Chicago 7+ times
- Minneapolis & Mall of Americas 7+
- Mt. Rushmore area - 20+
- Cruises- too many to count
- Disney World 15+ times
- Canada - Vancouver, Victoria, Niagara on the Lake, all along the Us. Canada Border
- 42 of the States
- Grand Canyon 5+ times, Lake Tahoe, Grand Canyon 5+, Phoenix, Reno
- San Francisco - Alcatrez then to the Sequoias
- Belize Aruba Antigua St. Lucia Barbados Curacao Lesser Antilles Puerto Rico Honduras Panama
- Lets not forget Galveston Texas
Zillions of other places......Not room to post them all. But I have booked and certified in almost everyplace in the world
With over four decades in the travel industry I learned You can't Google experience. The reality is "Travel is not between places, It's between people." This ideology is how I approach each travel request, no matter how big or small. It is about the person and the experience you need for that particular trip. You cannot get that level of commitment, service or responsiveness from the Internet.
My moral compass i
Nothing like going back Home - Mt. Hood Oregon
My moral compass is founded on strict adherence to guiding principals:
- Offer vacation products of the highest caliber
- Never compromise superior customer service
These principals have brought national recognition for service and products, leading the way for the highest of industry recognition and awards year after year.
In addition I and my team travel extensively so we can make expert recommendations. I learn the culture, find opportunities to enhance my clients travel experience and create custom packages which uniquely fit each interest.
Giving back to the community is paramount for me and helping other succeed. I am active in Sponsorships, volunteerism where ever I travel.