The Adventures by Disney Difference
I had the pleasure of joining Adventures by Disney on their San Francisco Long Weekend Tour. It can be described in one word- Wow. What an awesome experience! There definitely is something to be said about traveling with a tour company with so much name recognition. Talk about rolling out the red carpet! There are several reasons why you would want to consider taking an Adventures by Disney guided tour when planning your next big adventure with your travel agent. Whether that would be a long weekend in San Francisco (like me), 9 nights in South Africa on safari, or 11 nights exploring the Amazon and hiking and snorkeling in the Galapagos Islands.
Reasons to ask me about booking your next trip with Adventures by Disney:
- Adventures by Disney has two guides and a driver on all of their tours. This gives each guest more time with the guides to ask questions and receive assistance when needed. Most tour companies only have one driver guide or one guide and a driver. Rarely have I seen a company that has 2 guides AND a driver.
- One guide will be a native of the country in which you’re visiting and one guide will be American. Having a local with you is fantastic as they can provide a different perspective on the culture, customs, and traditions of the destination.
- The Disney name is known worldwide so the red carpet is rolled out for you at every turn. Get behind the scenes tours, skip-the-line VIP treatment, and exclusive expert guidance with every visit.
- Kids, aka ‘junior adventurers’, are always considered when on-tour with activities that are age appropriate. For example, while visiting the Louvre in Paris one guide may take the adults on a more in-depth tour of the museum while the other guide will take the children on a scavenger hunt within the museum. This is a family vacation and families want to spent this time together, but occasionally they will throw a movie night/pizza party for the children and the adults will feast on a multi-course dinner. Again, giving both the adults and children a chance to do what they enjoy and keep everyone happy!
- Bottled water and snacks are provided on the motorcoach. Often times snacks that are popular to the region will be offered for a more cultural experience.
- Gratuities are included with the cost of your package (with the exception of your adventure guides). So included gratuities cover your driver, waitstaff when meals are included, bellhop, and local guides. When on a river cruise experience with Adventures by Disney the guides’ gratuities are also included.
- Less restricted baggage policy than other tour companies. They know travelers like to shop!
- The guides love to surprise guests with what they call ‘magical moments’. This may include a local treat you weren’t expecting (like Ghirardelli chocolates in San Francisco), a welcome gift upon meeting your guide (perhaps a water bottle or iPad holder with the Adventures by Disney logo), and an exclusive daily Disney pin only available for that specific tour (and not available for purchase anywhere else!). The pins pertain to the specific tour in which you’re participating in. For example, on the San Francisco tour we received a pin with Mickey on it with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background on the day we biked to the Golden Gate Bridge.
- Adventures by Disney uses nothing, but the best hotels in the greatest locations. Their accommodations are always impressive and offer excellent service and amenities.
- They will guarantee their departures once the tour hits 20 passengers. There can be as many as approximately 40 guests per tour or as little as 20.The following two tabs change content below.