Campaign marked by donations and volunteer activities across continents
August 5, 2019
Travel Leaders Group Supports Efforts to Alleviate Hunger Through Annual Day of Giving
New York, NY (August 5, 2019) – Travel Leaders Group recently completed its annual Day of Giving campaign, collecting more than 33,000 non-perishable food items for donation to food banks across North America and internationally, as well as raising more than $67,000 in monetary donations directed to Feeding America and other organizations dedicated to alleviating hunger. Additionally, nearly 600 individuals volunteered at a wide variety of organizations within their local communities to support hunger-related initiatives.
Citing data provided by Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger relief organization, Travel Leaders Group CEO Ninan Chacko, CTC, said that in the U.S. alone, one in eight people, and one in six children, struggle with hunger daily. The need for help becomes greater during the summer when children who receive free meals at school are on summer break.
It was a remarkable effort conducted throughout the United States and in parts of Canada and the United Kingdom. It clearly demonstrates our values, care and compassion for the less fortunate in the communities where we live and work.
– Travel Leaders Group CEO Ninan Chacko
Among the many fundraising and volunteer initiatives undertaken by Travel Leaders Group units:
- Travel Leaders’ Plymouth, Minn., office employees raised money, collected food items and volunteered at Second Harvest Heartland and the Interfaith Outreach & Community Partners.
- Bonotel Exclusive Travel employees sorted and packaged food items for children’s care packages and also created food packages for community charities at Three Square in southern Nevada.
- Tzell Travel Group employees raised funds, collected non-perishable food items and volunteered by serving dinner at a Harlem meal center.
- The Protravel International team collected food donations and volunteered by helping to prepare dinners at the Bowery Mission in New York.
- Cruise Specialists staff collected food for the Salvation Army office that services the Greenwood area of Seattle.
- The Andrew Harper Travel team raised funds for the People’s Resource Center while the R. Crusoe & Son team contributed to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
- Nexion Travel Group staff raised funds, collected food items and volunteered by packing food at Feed My Starving Children.
- Travel Leaders travel agencies throughout the U.S. also raised funds, collected food items and volunteered at organizations including Feeding the Gulf Coast, Ottawa Food, Second Harvest North Central Food Bank, the Community Food Bank of Oklahoma, the Presbyterian Church of LaGrange and the West Side Campaign Against Hunger, a New York supermarket style food pantry.
- The Alexandria, Va. team stocked food on the shelves at the Capital Area Food Bank in Lorton, Va., in addition to raising funds and collecting non-perishable food items.
- In the United Kingdom, Barrhead Travel staff set up food donation stations in their offices, used their annual company-paid charity day to volunteer at local food banks and made cash donations to the Trussell Trust network of 1,200 food banks in the United Kingdom.
- In Canada, employees from sports tour operator Roadtrips also made cash donations to the not-for-profit food distribution and training center Winnipeg Harvest.
About Travel Leaders Group
Travel Leaders Group (www.TravelLeadersGroup.com) is transforming travel with a commitment to our vacation and business travel clients through our progressive approach toward each unique travel experience. Having already assisted millions of travelers, Travel Leaders Group manages leisure, business and franchise travel operations under a variety of diversified divisions and brands. With over 6,000 agency locations, Travel Leaders Group ranks as one of the industry’s largest travel agency companies. Travelers also have access to The Travel Collection by Travel Leaders Group, a portfolio of select travel offers including discounts on international and domestic flights, value-added benefits at lodging establishments, shipboard credits on cruises and savings on escorted and vacation packages. Membership to The Travel Collection is offered at no additional cost to U.S. American Express Gold Card, Business Gold Rewards Card, Platinum Card® and Business Platinum Card® Members.
The post Travel Leaders Group Supports Efforts to Alleviate Hunger Through Annual Day of Giving appeared first on Travel Leaders Group.