with a name that boldly embodies our commitment to our vacation and business travel clients via a progressive approach toward each unique travel experience. As one of America's top ten-ranked travel companies, Travel Leaders has assisted millions of travelers through our strong roots - the former Carlson Wagonlit Travel Associates, Travel Leaders and Tzell Travel Group joined together in 2008 to form one of the industry's fastest-growing and robust networks of travel agents. Travel Leaders Franchise Group can trace its beginnings to 1984 as the Carlson franchise system "Ask Mr. Foster" Travel, which itself was North America's first travel agency chain established in 1888.
For the past five years Business Travel News has ranked Travel Leaders Group first among American travel management companies in its Business Travel Survey 2013, an annual compendium. Business Travel News is considered "the voice of authority for corporate travel buyers throughout North America for over 20 years." The rankings are based on the reported volume of airline transactions for 2012 verified by the Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC), which is the premier financial transaction processing and settlement corporation that facilitates the distribution of travel products and related information.
Travel Weekly places Travel Leaders Group in the top 10 of its Power List 2012 of America's travel sellers. Travel Weekly is billed as "the national newspaper of the travel industry." The rankings are based on participating companies wholly-owned annual sales volume reported for 2012 and specifically do not include franchised operations. Travel Leaders Group's wholly-owned operations reported annual sales volume approaching $1.83 billion for 2012; when franchised sales are included, that number increases dramatically to over $6 billion for last year.
Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 2012 listing named Travel Leaders as the top travel franchise brand; the rankings are largely based upon the overall number of locations each brand has. This marks the 15th consecutive year a Travel Leaders Franchise Group brand has been honored. In addition to Travel Leaders (formerly Carlson Wagonlit Travel Associates), Results! Travel and Cruise Holidays are also ranked on Entrepreneur's Franchise 500 list.
Travel Weekly's illustrious awards honor "The Best in the Travel Industry." Travel Weekly awarded Travel Leaders with twelve prestigious Magellan Awards-more than any other travel agency organization in 2012.
Gold Magellan Awards:
- TravelFlash E-Scapes (Client Newsletter - Web or Print)
- Travel Leaders Media Interview Training (MIT) (Training Program)
- Agency Consultating Evaluation (ACE) (Training Program)
- Travelleaders.com (Marketing - Website)
- Destination Microsites (Marketing - Web Marketing/Advertising)
- Australia Campaign (Marketing - Advertising/Marketing Campaign)
- Cybercrime Insurance (Travel Insurance)
Silver Magellan Awards:
- Local Aussie Marketing TV Commercial (Marketing - TV Commercial)
- Luxury Hotels & Resorts Collection (Marketing - Direct Mail)
- "I Am Travel Leaders" Video (Marketing - Promotional Video)
- InteGREAT Marketing Platform (Travel Agent Innovation)
- Travel Policy Assessment (Travel Agent Innovation)